~ Logan County History ~

The Logan County Court House was built in 1870 at a cost of $105,398.08. The exterior of the Franco-Italian structure was built with sandstone, from Ohio based quarries. The tower is cased with galvanized iron ornamented to correspond with the style of the building. The architect, A. Koehler of Cleveland, supervised the entire project. A breakdown of these expenditures are listed below:

Mason Work, except cut stone work (W.W. Robertson - Sidney, Ohio) - $28,168.80, Cut Stone Work (Weber & Sohman - Dayton, Ohio) - $20,000.00, Carpenter Work, Tiling, Clock & Bell (Harwood & Thomas - Cincinnati, Ohio) - $13,400.00, Galvanized Iron, Tin Work & Slating (W.F. Gebhart - Dayton, Ohio) - $7,694.60, Wrought Iron & Cast Iron Work (C.S. Rankin & Company - Cincinnati, Ohio) - $23,000.00, Painting & Glazing (Wiseman & Hayr - Cleveland, Ohio) - $5,132.69, Heating & Ventilation (Peter Martin - Cincinnati, Ohio) - $6,507.80 & Plumbing & Gas Fitting (Thomas H. Cosby - Cleveland, Ohio) - $1,494.19

TOTAL AMOUNT OF CONTRACT WORK: - $105,398.08

ARCHITECTS ESTIMATE - $122,725.14