Logan County Home Health Agency Closing AnnouncementLogan County Health Commissioner and Medical Director, Boyd Hoddinott, M.D., announced at the monthly Board Meeting on November 4, 2015, the closure of Logan County Home Health Agency. The last day of operation of the agency will be January 31, 2016.The agency will no longer accept new patients as of December 1, 2015. However, we will work with our existing patients to ensure their home health care services will continue until discharge or transfer to another home health agency.
The decision to close the home health agency came after considerable annual financial losses due to the reduction in Centers of Medicare/Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement. The closure of this agency is the reflection of the rapidly changing times of increased healthcare costs. However, it reflects something that will never change and that is our commitment to the needs of each of our current patients. We want to express our deep appreciation to the staff for their caring efforts to manage under this most difficult and stressful situation.
Logan County Home Health is a non-profit agency serving Logan county since 1970. We are Medicare and Medicaid approved and certified by the State of Ohio.
Our staff is committed to a professional partnership that promotes quality care.
Home Health services are provided to home bound patients needing skilled care, with a doctor’s order. We employ Registered Nurses / LPN, Licensed Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists and Home Health Aides, to ensure our patients receive comprehensive home care, including:
- Blood Draws
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Wound, Catheter and Ostomy care
- Instruction and Teaching of patient and family as needed
- Coordination of patient care with patient, family physicians, therapists, and other agencies
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Bathing and personal care
- Agency / service referral
- Helps transition from hospital to home
- Reduces readmission to hospital
- Faster recovery
- Acceptance of Medicare, Medicaid and VA as payment in full
- In-home teaching
- Family involvement
- Direct communication with physician and other healthcare providers
- Therapy conferences
- Patient advocacy
- Nurses On-call 24 hours a day
Logan County Home Health Care services are paid for by Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA. Some insurance policies require prior authorization for services. Please call 937-592-9040 option Number 1 for further information and to verify eligibility.