- Grocery and convenience stores
- Vending machines
- Mobile food services
- Food sold at fairs and festivals
Temporary Food Service
Before you may sell food for a fee or “a required donation” (i.e. a posted price) to the public, you must first have your food service facility inspected and licensed by a Logan County Health District sanitarian to be certain that it complies with all applicable Ohio rules.
- Temporary Food Rules (PDF)
- Temporary Food Application (PDF)
- Licensing Chart for the Sale of Home-Prepared Foods (PDF)
Food Operation Licensing
Call 937-651-6206 to obtain an application for your food service operation, retail food establishment, vending, mobile food or temporary food operation.
Food Rule Changes Letter - 2013 (PDF)
Food Rule Updates 2-4-2016
Facility Plan Review
Food establishments must submit facility plans for review and approval by our food safety staff prior to being licensed for operation.
Person in Charge (PIC) Level 1 Certification in Food Protection
The ODH maintains a complete list of approved level 1 certification in food protection course providers. On-line courses in English, Spanish or Mandarin are available at the
National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe Starters® program for $15 or State Food Safety for $12.
To attend a Logan County Health District (LCHD) class, please complete the Course Application (PDF), remove and return the bottom portion with the applicable fee to the LCHD, c/o Timothy M. Smith at 937-651-6212 or Email. Applications must be received between 1 month and 1 week prior to the class date.
Report Food-Related Illness
Our staff investigates cases of food borne illness by evaluating food histories from people, collecting samples for testing, and conducting inspections of suspected food facilities.
Information for Restaurants
Food service workers, managers and owners should consider all reports of possible food borne illnesses as legitimate and notify the Logan County Health District immediately. Use the Food borne Illness Reporting Guidelines for Restaurants form (PDF) as a reference when gathering information related to a possible food borne illness.
Information for Consumers
The Logan County Health District takes all citizen's complaints regarding food borne illness and food safety seriously. If you believe that you have become ill from something you ate we would like to know. Please call 937-651-6206 and report it to the Environmental Health Division of the Logan County Health District. You may also email us with food borne illness complaints or concerns.
Find the latest Food Recalls at the Ohio Department of Health website.
Codes & Regulations
Retail Food Establishments and Food Service Operations 3717 Ohio Revised Code (licensing rules):
- Ohio Uniform Food Safety Code 3717-1 Ohio Administrative Code (food safety rules)
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Food Service Operation Rules 3701-21 Ohio Administrative Code (additional licensing rules)
- Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) Retail Food Establishment Rules 901:3-4 Ohio Administrative Code (additional licensing rules)
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Farm Market & Farmer's Market Rules 901:3-6-01 Ohio Administrative Code (additional ODA food rules)